After you’ve been in a car accident, the last thing you want to think about is negotiating a settlement. Unfortunately, the insurance companies involved in the accident will get to work immediately in trying to get you to agree to a low-ball settlement that will cover very little of your expenses.
If you’ve been in a car accident, consider contacting a car accident lawyer to help you get the settlement you deserve.
Common Types of Car Accidents
Car accidents can occur in any number of ways. With such large vehicles traveling at high speed, injury and death are normal occurrences after an accident. A few of the common types of car accidents are:
- Head-On Crashes. Two vehicles colliding while driving in opposite directions causes a huge amount of force to be generated, which can cause significant injury and/or death. This type of accident commonly leads to brain injuries such as TBIs and concussions, spinal cord injuries, and broken bones.
- When two vehicles are traveling in the same direction and one of them contacts the other, it can cause an unpredictable reaction. The vehicle may spin out and hit a road barrier or another vehicle.
- Rear-End Crashes. A common cause of whiplash at low speeds, rear-end crashes can cause devastating injuries as well when they occur at high speeds.
- When a car goes airborne as a result of an accident, there is a high probability of death or severe injury. These accidents are terrifying to witness and even scarier to experience as the victim.
Many other types of accidents occur frequently, but the above list provides a sampling of some of the most common car accidents seen on the road today.
In What Ways Can a Car Accident Lawyer Help a Victim?
Attorneys involved with car accidents are able to help victims in a variety of ways such as:
- Dealing with Insurance Companies. Insurance company negotiations are arguably one of the most frustrating parts of the whole process after your car accident. While you’re attempting to recover afterwards, you’re being pressured by these representatives to sign agreements to settlements that are much too low. Let your attorney deal with the insurance companies so that you can focus on your recovery.
- Obtaining Necessary Documentation. Medical documentation, accident reports, and other data after the accident will be essential pieces of the puzzle when and if you end up needing to go to court after your accident.
- Gathering Eyewitness Testimony and Any Camera Footage. While it is not always the case, often there will have been bystanders and/or security cameras that caught portions of the accident. this testimony or video evidence could significantly strengthen your case, and your lawyer can obtain these pieces of evidence on your behalf.
If you are considering contacting a car accident lawyer, don’t hesitate: the sooner you get in touch with an attorney, the sooner you can get back to your life and put the accident behind you. Call today.